Saturday, December 12, 2015

The Port Removal

No joke,  I was excited about this surgery.   For one- It's another step of moving beyond cancer, and two- the happy meds.  Haha.

Too bad I had to beg for the happy meds because they said that this surgery is much more simple than getting it placed (and I thought.... you just don't feel bad for me because I'm not undergoing chemo right now... haha)  My thoughts were that I'm the patient, I've met my out of pocket max for insurance, give me a little happy stuff so I'm not nervous.

They did, the surgery was indeed simple and fast, and we were all happy.

I still have a very hard time going up to the Cancer Institute.  It's like if I even think of that place I get nauseated.  I also need to tell someone that they need to change what they use to clean the bathrooms.  It stinks.  It's a very different smell and when I used their bathrooms I have to hold my nose closed the whole time (no joke.)  It's weird how your mind and body prepare you for something even if it's not going to happen.


Here's a picture of my little port friend.  It was good to me and I'm very glad I got it.  It made it a lot more do able.  My arm veins cried "thank you" each time I didn't have to get chemo through one of them.


And here's a little update of my hair---  front and back.  I'm finding lot's of crazy cal-licks! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik